D87 Academy: So you want to take your students to the SIT Conference...
2016 Conference is February 20, 2016
The Students Involved with Technology Conference is an annual conference occurring at several sites throughout Illinois. It originated in Bloomington-Normal and has since expanded. It is a conference for 3rd-12th grade students. So, what makes the SIT Conference stand out? It is also completely presented by 3rd-12th grade students. While adult volunteers from local schools and the community help the day run smoothly, all presentations are prepared and presented by the students!
Recommendations from one sponsor to another:
- Don't sponsor too many groups!
- Be aware that teachers and parents also pay attendance fees.
- Provide each student with a journal and have them take notes on the sessions they attend.
- Start planning early if students preparation time will be taking place at school.
- Plan for everyone to meet in one place to eat lunch together.